The terms psychic and medium are often used interchangeably — but they’re not synonymous.
Psychic and medium readings each serve a unique purpose. They facilitate a distinctive type of connection and leave you with a slightly different feeling.
- The goal of a psychic reading is to provide spiritual guidance around life issues.
- The goal of a medium reading is to provide a connection between you and your loved one(s) on the Other Side.
- During a psychic reading, the psychic connects with you — energetically.
- During a medium reading, the medium connects you with your loved ones on the Other Side.
- A psychic reading can help you understand how your past could be influencing your present which, in turn, will impact the various avenues of your future.
- A medium reading can provide reassurance that even though a loved one has transitioned to another realm, you’re still connected with one another. The medium facilitates that connection, serving as the messenger between you.
- A psychic reading should bring you a sense of clarity.
- A medium reading should bring you a sense of peace. It should feel uplifting.
Psychic or Medium Reading: Which Is Right for You?
When booking a session, it’s important to know the difference between a psychic, medium or psychic medium reading.
Consider what answers you’re looking for at this point in your life. At the same time, I also find that being open to whatever it is that the psychic or medium sees can result in a beautiful — and enlightening — experience.
The most common themes that clients tend to address in psychic readings are finances, moves, business decisions, job/career changes and relationships.
Drawing on my philosophy, and in my experience, a psychic reading starts by seeing what’s going on in your life — including where you might be blocked.
While psychics don’t predict the future, they can tap into their intuition to shed light on the possibilities, opportunities and obstacles along your path.
Medium readings can serve as a reminder that your connections remain intact, even though your loved ones have crossed over to The Other Side. The strength of those connections are something you carry with you long after the reading ends, and can help with feelings of loss.
A medium reading should be a sacred experience; even though your loved ones are no longer here in the physical realm, your connection with them is no less powerful. You play an important role in setting up that sacred space ahead of time.
While we can’t control who shows up from the Other Side, you can certainly invite people who you want to connect with. You can do that — in your mind — a couple of days before your reading. Invite whomever you’d like; it’s not unusual to have multiple people show up from the Other Side during a reading — and that’s fine. The more the merrier!
Blended Psychic Medium Readings
When used right, psychic and medium readings can beautifully complement one another in a combined session. Woven together, the insights from a blended psychic medium session can be very powerful.
Your purpose and needs will drive the type of reading that’s right for you. Whether psychic, medium or a blend of both, think about which might be the best fit to help you move forward in your life. When a reading is done with skill, it provides whatever is most in service of your personal growth and overall well-being.
Interested in scheduling a psychic, medium or group reading? Learn more